Join the Heart of Danville Main Street Program as we build a tradition that strengthens our economy, expands employment, nurtures a sense of community, and provides a more relaxed, fun, and rewarding holiday experience. As customers, we spend a large portion of our annual shopping budget in November and December and by making it a habit to direct a portion of those dollars to locally owned businesses, we can build a more prosperous community.
Starting November 17 through Christmas Eve the Heart of Danville will reward Holiday Shoppers that direct a portion of their holiday spending to the local community of Danville in the first-ever "Shift Your Shopping" Shop Local Challenge. Shoppers that spend $300 between a minimum of 3 local businesses will be entered into a drawing for one of 10 $100 Visa gift cards. Complete details and local boundaries for the event can be found below.
· Holiday Shop Local Challenge Details
Date: Friday, November 17th through Sunday, December 24th 2017
Boundaries: Broadway (North), Stanford/Wilderness Road (East), Grant St. (South), College St. (West)
COLLECTING RECEIPTS - Program Details
- Holiday Shoppers that spend $300 between a minimum of 3 local businesses will be entered into a drawing for one of 10 $100 Visa gift cards that may be used anywhere VISA is accepted.
- Holiday Shoppers will need to collect receipts from a minimum of 3 businesses and deliver a photocopy of the receipts to the Heart of Danville once they spend the minimum of $300 collectively.
- A minimum of $25 must be spent on merchandise, food or classes at a business located in the defined area for the receipt to be included in the total (before tax and gratuity). A maximum of $100 can be utilized for groceries and/or liquor. Medications or expenses from medical/professional businesses (law offices, counselors, etc.) will not count towards the $300 collective minimum.
MAILING RECEIPTS - Participating in the Program
- Copies of receipts can be mailed to the Heart of Danville office (105 E Walnut St., Danville, KY 40422).
- All copies of receipts should be submitted with Holiday Shopper contact information, including name, return address, phone number, email address, and zip code.
- Giftcards in the form of a $100 Visa Gift Card will be distributed to 10 selected Holiday Shoppers that submit their copies of receipts to the Heart of Danville.
- Copies of receipts must be submitted by Friday, January 5, 2018.
RECEIVING GIFTCARD - Giftcard Details
- One submission per person.
- $100 Giftcards will be mailed in in the form of a VISA Gift Card that may be used anywhere VISA is accepted.
- Giftcards will be submitted after the closing date of the challenge program (Friday, January 5, 2018)