Here we are, 5 months into the New Year. Some of us made resolutions and kept them, and some of us made resolutions and broke them on January 2, because not eating your favorite foods is no fun! That is why, on May 11, we celebrate National Eat What You Want Day!
On this day, people are encouraged to treat themselves by giving in to their sweet tooth, carb-loading without having to run a marathon, and eating breakfast for dinner. Because on Eat What You Want Day, no one can tell you what NOT to eat.
HOW TO CELEBRATE NATIONAL EAT WHAT YOU WANT DAY IN DOWNTOWN DANVILLE
- Today is the day to eat dessert before dinner at Baskin Robbins.
- Drink your calories at Beer Engine or Jane Barleycorn’s.
- Stop in downtown’s newest sweet shop, Bluegrass & Buttercream, for delicious cupcakes.
- Eat America’s favorite food at Bluegrass Pizza & Pub.
- Visit Danville’s Donut Trail of Kentucky stop, Burke’s Bakery, for a donut.
- Grab your friends for lunch and visit Captain Frank’s Hotdog Emporium.
- Who knew eating great food, could feel so good. Visit Grace Café for Comfort Food Friday.
- Who doesn’t love brisket and pulled pork? We might be biased, but we think Harvey’s has the best.
- Forget the cereal for breakfast; stop by The Hub for a breakfast bagel.
- Don’t spend the day counting carbs; grab the Country Jack Club at Melton’s Deli.
- Explore new offerings at Plank on Main.
- Egyptian food is not only packed with nutrients, it is downright delicious. Visit TUT’s for Danville’s very own stop in Egypt.