Nominations still needed for Revitalization Awards
The Heart of Danville is still seeking nominations for their 2016 Downtown Revitalization Awards to honor the many loved, cherished businesses of Downtown Danville. The awards will be presented at the Heart’s Annual Meeting, which will be held on Friday, April 15 from 4:30 to 6:30 PM at the Community Arts Center. The award ceremony will begin at 5:30 PM.
With less than a month until the event and very few applications received, the Heart is reaching out and asking for the community’s help.
“We love spreading the word and recognizing the hard work of our downtown merchants and volunteers. In order to do that, we need to receive nominations. If you know of any deserving business, organization or individual, please, please nominate them,” urges Heart of Danville Director, Bethany Rogers.
The Heart presents stained-glass awards in seven categories, ranging from outstanding business initiatives to volunteer efforts, which had a positive impact on our downtown in 2015. See below for more information regarding the award categories.
Visit here for more information on the awards or to download a nomination form.
- DOWNTOWN HERO/HEART AND SOUL AWARD: This award is presented to a person, group or business that puts their “heart” into preserving our downtown.
- VOLUNTEER OF THE YEAR/ BIG HEART AWARD: This award is presented to the person or group who has a real soft spot for downtown activities and can’t say no to Main Street.
- CREATIVITY AND INNOVATION IN BUSINESS/HEART ON FIRE AWARD: This award is presented to a business – new or established – that has incorporated creative or forward-thinking approaches to their business, and, in so doing, enhanced the downtown business climate.
- BUSINESS EXCELLENCE/THE PULSE AWARD: This award goes to a business that keeps its “finger on the pulse” of downtown activities and operates successfully. This business should be considered a “mainstay” of Downtown. This award is given to a business that has been a sustaining force to the economic vitality of downtown Danville.
- VISUAL APPEAL/THE HEARTBEAT AWARD: This award is presented to the business that excels in cultivating the curb appeal of their store or the visual merchandising in their store windows, taking consideration of elements like balance, color, lighting, signage, awnings, and maintenance.
- OUTSTANDING RENOVATION/KING (OR QUEEN) OF HEARTS AWARD: This award is presented to an outstanding historic rehabilitation project completed in “the Heart of Danville” within the last year. The project should include exterior rehabilitation work, but may involve both interior and exterior work and be something that improves the appearance of the downtown.
- INVESTMENT AWARD/HEART OF GOLD AWARD: This award is presented to an individual or business that has invested in downtown by undertaking a new downtown development project within the past year.